Before understanding how to cope up? Let’s first understand what is stress?
Stress is normal part of life. It’s related to many events that happen to you and around you — and many things that you do yourself — put stress on your body. You can experience stress from your environment, your body, and your thoughts. It is the body’s reaction to any change that requires an adjustment or response. The body reacts to these changes with physical, mental, and emotional responses.
The human body is designed to experience stress and react to it. Stress can be positive, keeping us alert and overwhelmed. And stress becomes negative when a person faces continuous challenges without relief or relaxation between challenges. As a result, the person becomes overworked and stress-related tension builds.
Stress also leads to excessive mood swings which can be categorized as Worry, Tension, Tiredness, Fright, Happiness, Depression, Anxiety and Anger all of which takes a toll on one’s health.
Stress management can be a powerful tool for wellness and healthy living. Here are a few tips to de- stress yourself:
- Stay positive – Laughter has been found to lower levels of stress hormones.
- Meditation – The small amount of peace in your day can help you deal with or even release stress.
- Eat healthy – Healthy foods can improve your mood and gives you long lasting energy.
- Exercise – It helps to increase blood circulation, thereby releases Endorphins which can improve your mood instantaneously.
- Sleep – it is one of the most important natural stress reducer.
- Organize your life.
- Chase your hobbies.
- Listening to music – playing calm music has appositive effect on the brain and the body which can lower blood pressure and Cortisol.
- Limit internet use and cellphones.
- Massage –Aroma therapy – Massage helps to open blocked energy channels in order to improve Health.
Apart from above options, try keeping a diary over a few weeks and list the time, places, and people that aggravate your stress levels. Once you are aware of your typical or regular stressors, you can always work on avoiding those.
Follow these options and life will automatically turn beautiful !