You might not realize the importance of your nose. To understand its importance, all that most people need to experience is a bad cold.
Nose is a sense organ which performs two functions ie;olfactory (sense of smell) and respiratory. Due to its direct contact with external environment it is exposed to lot of microorganisms, allergens and pollutants present in the atmosphere.
Allergic rhinitis is the inflamation of the nasal mucosa leading to runny/stuffynose, sneezing, redness and itching of eyes, throat, ears. It is a common problem among all age groups and is a leading cause of hospital visits worldwide.
IMPACT OF ALLERGIC RHINITIS
- It disturbs the quality of life
- It reduces the ability to perform daily activities.
- It disturbs the social life and occupational productivity
- It results in disturbed sleep and hence psychological stress leading to cognitive dysfunction.
- Causes for allergic rhinitis
Allergic rhinitis is caused when a person get exposed to allergens such as pollen, animal hair, dust. In some cases inherited genetics and environmental exposures contribute to the development of allergic rhinitis.
According to Ayurveda, causes for allergic rhinitis
- Poor digestive power
- Excessive intake of cold water
- Excessive intake of heavy, sweet and cold substances
The above mentioned causes lead to disturbance in the metabolism and causes production of toxins. This disturbs the balance of the three pillars of the body namely vata, pitta, and kapha and leads to allergic rhinitis.Once the person is presenting with allergic manifestation, if it is not managed at the right time and if the faulty dietary habits are not corrected, the disease enters into a chronic phase.
According to Ayurveda–It can be correlated to Pathisyaya which is considered as the root cause for all the nasal diseases.
Complications: – If prathisyaya is not treated on time and is neglected then it may lead to
Treatment modalities through the purest form of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda treats the root cause of the disease. Hence the correction of the metabolism, removal of the toxins, and balancing of the tridoshas(three pillars )is essential.
- Finally measures to prevent the recurrence of the disease will be advised.
- The procedures and the internal medicaments will vary based on the body constitution of the person.
- As allergic rhinitis is a life style based disease, corrections in the diet and regimen of the patient will be advised.
We, at Healing Earth MultispecialityAyurveda Hospital has come up with certain special and self-molded techniques to make you free from the disease and to improve the quality of your life.