The word Bashpa refers to steam. Bashpa sweda is a sudation therapy where the steam is given with the help of steam chamber.
In Bashpa sweda the health seeker is made to perspire by sitting in the steam chamber by keeping the head portion outside the chamber.
- Persistent and uniform heating of the body parts.
- Every part of the body below the neck will be subjected to sudation procedure, as warm steam can reach the areas like skin folds, axilla etc.
- Useful in arthritis, Spondylitis, Stiffness of the joints, Neurological disorders etc.
- Softens and brightens the skin.
- Stimulates digestion.
- Expelling toxins from the skin.
- Reduces stiffness in joints.
20 TO 25 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
TREATMENT COURSE DURATION
7 days, 14 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
MODE OF ACTION OF BASHPA SWEDA
Increased metabolism: As we do Swedana karma, the metabolism increases
Vaso dilatation: Vasodilatation facilitates improved circulation there by detoxifies at cellular level and fasten up the healing process
Stimulation of sweat glands: Swedana procedure stimulates the sweat glands as sweat is a mode of toxin and waste product removal.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic pains
- Urustambha (stiffness of thigh and lower limbs)
- Medoroga (diseases manifested due to disturbances in fat metabolism)
Fever: As the temperature might increase during the therapy
- Acute Inflammation
- Infectious diseases
- certain forms of cancer
- Certain skin conditions
- certain cardiac problem
- Severe sinusitis: may get other respiratory complication
- Haemorrhagic disorders
- Acute illness
- Extreme fatigue