Sinusitis is the inflammation of sinuses which are air spaces around the nose. It causes throbbing kind of headaches. This can lead to other infections, also vision problems. Sinusitis usually trigger asthma. It is mainly caused due to viral infection. Patients wont be able to concentrate on their work due to headache. Sense of smell will be altered since most perceive a sense of foul smell.
WHAT IS SINUSITIS?
Sinuses are air filled spaces. When the paranasal sinuses gets inflamed due to infection, allergy or auto immune problems it leads to sinusitis.
CAUSES OF SINUSITIS:
- Due to improper functioning of cilia failing to drain mucous out.
- Weakened immunity.
- Due to infections like hay fever etc.
- Due to deviated nasal septum.
- Due to viral, bacterial and fungal infections.
- Due to too cold and heavy food.
Symptoms present for 4 weeks or less and caused due to bacterial infections.
When the inflammation of sinus is present more than 3 months.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS:
- Pain, tenderness, swelling, around forehead, nose, eyes, cheeks.
- Difficulty to breath due to nasal obstruction and discharge of thick yellowish discharge.
- Reduced sense of smell and bad breath.
- Post nasal drip.
- Tooth and earache.
HOW DOES SINUSITIS OCCUR?
Due to infections, the sinuses become inflammed and swollen, the mucous builds up and the drainage does not happen causing pain, due to blocked sinus. The environment becomes moist and infection builds up and pus is filled. This leads to pain in the sinuses with thick and yellow discharge.
SINUSITIS IN AYURVEDA:
Dusta pratisyaya: Due to causative factors the vata kapha dosha is vitiated and vitiates the pranavata present in respiratory tract. This kapha gets affected by ama and gets localized in shiras causing dusta pratisyaya. Removing out the morbid materials out and cleansing the system will be the main line of treatment in Healing Earth Multispeciality Ayurveda Hospital that helps to treat the root cause of the disease.