||Avalguja, Bakuchi, Chandri, Induraji, Kandughni, Krimighna,
Somavallika, Suvalli, Vakuci.
||Psoralea Seed, Bawchan Seed.
||Bakuci, Bavchiyan, Bavchi, Bakhni.
||Somaraji, Baavanjee gida, Karbeck beeja.
||Bavancalu, Bhavanchi vittulu.
||Babchi, Bavachi, Bavchi.
Bakuchi is distributed globally in Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Arabia, and China. In India, it is seen in many places and it is cultivated in low to medium rainfall, and summer months.
||Seed and Seed Oil.
||Churna 1 to 3 grams.
Psoralen, Isopsoralen, Corylifolean, Psoralidin, Isopsoralidin, Raffinose, Triacontane, Bavachromene, Bavachalcone, Neobavachalcone, Corylidin, Corylinal, Angelicin, Psoralene, Bakuchiol, Sitosterol, Psoralen.
||Laghu and Ruksha.
||Katu and Tikta.
- Antibacterial, Anthelmintic, Antistaphylococcal, Antifungal properties of Bakuchi is helpful in treating various skin infections and vitiligo caused by fungal or bacterial reactions.
- Anti inflammatory properties of Bakuchi is helpful in treating inflammations.
- Central muscle relaxant is helpful in treating colic pain.
- Mild hypotensive properties of Bakuchi helps in treating hypertension.
- Spasmolytic action of Bakuchi helps in treating abdominal pain.
- Vasodilator properties are helpful in relieving various painful conditions like headache.
- Antitumour properties are helpful in treating various symptoms of cancer.
- Antipyretic action of Bakuchi helps in treating fever conditions.
- Skin disorders.
- Nervine Tonic.
- Abdominal disorders.
- Anti-pyretic activity.
SOME OF THE COMMON FORMULATIONS
Some important formulations of Ativisha are:
- Chandraprabha Vati.
- Brihat Guduchi Taila.
- Brihathmanjishtadi Kvatha Churna.