||Punarnava, Kathilla, Pravrishenya, Sophagni, Vishaghni, Sothaghni, Varsabu, Vrsciva, Vasihakhi
||Spreading Hog Weed
||Punarnava, Pundera, Purnava, Gadhaparna, Sethi
||Gonajali, Sanadika, Ganajali
||Atikamamidi, Punarnava, Ambati madu
||Mukkurattai, Mukaratte, Caranai
||Vosu, Ghetuli, Vasu, Rakthavasu
In India, it is found adequately as weed throughout it is also cultivated in West Bengal.
||Root, Seed, Panchaang
||Swarasa 5 to 10 ml, Seed churna 1 to 3 grams
Punarnava extracts contains beta-sitosterol, palmitic acid, archidic acid, ursolic acid, hypoxanthine-9-arabinofuranoside, punarnavosie, two retenoids- boeravinone A, B, C,D, E & F, two new retenoids- repenone & repenol, bothavi with some main chemicals such as punarnavoside.
||Madhur, Tikta, Kashaya
- The main pharmacological action of Punarnava is being as diuretic and it is helpful in treating urinary tract infections.
- It has Antiinflammatory action and helps in treating various inflammations.
- Antiviral, Antibacterial, and antifibrinolytic properties are helpful in treating infections and fevers.
- Hepatoprotective property of Punarnava is helpful in treating liver disorders such as Jaundice.
- Anticonvulsant property is helpful in treating Epilepsy and even various neurological disorders.
- Cardiotonic property helps in treating cardiac ailments.
- Punarnava is used widely used in the form medicine for urinary tract infections and Pitta vikaras in Ayurveda.
- For herbal steam Punarnava roots are used that subsides pain and inflammation.
- Skin disorders.
- Anemia: Consuming 10 ml of punarnava juice for one to two months will helps to improve hemoglobin in blood as well as reduces edema.
- Menstrual disorders.
- Punarnava is helpful in inflammatory conditions, when it is applied in the form of paste with other drugs, that helps to manage inflammation and reduces swelling.
- When Punarnava churna is taken along with Pippali with honey, breathing difficulties like asthma can be managed.
SOME OF THE COMMON FORMULATIONS
- Abhaya Lavana.
- Dadhika Ghritha.
- Brahma Rasayana.
- Sukumara Ghritha.
- Triphala Gritha.
- Vataraktantka Rasa.
- Saptasara Kvatha Churna.
- Ardhabilva Kvatha Churna.
- Karpasasthyadi Taila.
- Narayana Thailam.
- Mahanarayana Thailam.