Valuka sweda (manal kizhi) is a specialized therapy which is performed for the diseases related to Bones, muscles and medho Rogas
Valuka (manal) clear and purified sand. Sweda means Fomentation or sudation.
The swedana karma or sudation therapy which is given by using a bolus which is prepared by the clear and Purified Sand is called as Valuka sweda (manal kizhi).
- Manal Kizhi increases the peripheral blood supply.
- It relieves body ache and strengthens muscles and skin.
- Reduces the inflammation of the joints
- It acts as muscle relaxant and relieves joint stiffness
- It is also a good technique for relaxation and reliving stress.
- It has detoxifier properties for the skin, removes the toxins through the pores of the skin, and lowers the tendency of skin diseases.
35 TO 45 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
TREATMENT COURSE DURATION
7 days, 14 days, 21 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
MODE OF ACTION OF VALUKA SWEDA
The therapeutic action of Manal kizhi is because of
- Therapeutic action of the procedure
- Sudation, which is performed in the therapy
- Because of the Rukshana property of the sand
Skin is an integrated organ system and multi functionality, such as extensive network of blood vessels branch, and sensory receptors that monitor touch, pressure, temperature and pain.
With the help of Valuka sweda, the temperature will increase to more than 2 to 3 c in all areas of the body, and vasodilatation will happen as a result of vasodilatation an increased flow of blood through the area so that the necessary oxygen and nutrition materials are supplied and waste products are removed, because of increased blood supply the metabolism will increase and stimulation of neural receptors takes place that is how localized inflammation can be managed easily with Valuka sweda
This therapy produces sudative effect because of the medicinal action and temperature and act as a counter irritant which is the thermal stimulus and may affect the pain sensation. It also induces muscles relaxation and increases the efficiency of muscle action as the increased blood supply ensures the optimum condition for muscle contraction.
Healing Earth is equipped with all facilities for performing Valuka Sweda, where fine granules of sand is collected from far places to maintain standard of the treatments.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic pains
- Urustambha (stiffness of thigh and lower limbs)
- Medoroga (diseases manifested due to disturbances in fat metabolism)
Fever: As the temperature might increase during the therapy
- Infectious diseases
- certain forms of cancer
- Certain skin conditions
- certain cardiac problem
- Haemorrhagic disorders
- Acute illness
- Extreme fatigue