The word panchakarma means “five actions/procedures” (pancha means 5, karma means action). This is a five pronged methods of treatments designed for shodhana, the expulsion of disease causing toxins from the body. Panchakarma is intended not only for the elimination of toxins from the body but also for the replenishment of the tissues.
Panchakarma is beneficial both in normal persons in promoting health, as well as in diseased to eradicate the illness.
- Kayagnirabhivardhate - Improvement in the functioning of digestive fire
- Vyadhayashchopashamyantri - Remission of the diseases
- Indriya prasadini - Excel of the sense organs
- Prakritishchanuvartate - Perpetuation of the health
- Mano prasidati - Excel of the mind
- Buddih prasidati - Excel of the intellect
- Varna Prasidati - Excel of the body complexion
- Bala - Enhancement of physical strength
- Pushti - Improvement of the physique
- Apatya - Strengthening the ability of procreation
- Vrishata - Enhancement of the sexual vigour
- Jaram krichhrena labhate - Process of aging being slowed down
- Ciram jivatyanamayah - Healthy living for long
TYPES OF PANCHA KARMA