Shiro Takra dhara is a specialized Ayurvedic therapy used to treat various ailments like anxiety, depression, stress, all kinds of skin diseases(Psoriasis, Eczema, Leukoderma, Dermatitis, Pigmentation, Urticaria etc.), systemic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, thyroid disorders, various types of headaches like migraine, tension headache, etc., hair fall, dandruff, alopecia, neurological disorders like parkinsonism, paralysis, bell’s palsy, etc, insomnia, hormonal disorders like PCOD, male and female infertility.
“SHIRO” mean head, “TAKRA” means medicated butter milk, “DHARA” means pouring. Shiro takra Dhara is a process in which medicated buttermilk is poured over the forehead maintaining a specific height, rhythm and temperature, performed by two qualified therapist, which is being prescribed by an Ayurvedic consultant in a systematic way.
- Removes stress, relaxes mind
- Improves neuro-muscular conduction
- Relaxes and rejuvenates the mind and senses(Paatavam indriyasya)
- Delays ageing(Jaraso maandhyam)
- Provides longevity of life(Chiram jeevitam
- Controls and creates equilibrium in all the doshas(Nitaraam doshaan)
- Acts as an aphrodisiac(Vrishataa)
- stabilises and fortifies ojus in the body (ojus is the essence of all the tissues formed as an end product of tissue formation, its normalcy in terms of quality and quantity points towards an established immunity(Ojo sthairyam)
- Soothes the nerves and improves blood circulation
30 TO 40 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
TREATMENT COURSE DURATION
7 days, 14 days, 21 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
MODE OF ACTION OF SHIRO TAKRA DHARA
The mode of action of Shiro Takra Dhara is attributed to the
- Therapeutic effects of the medicated Buttermilk which is used as a base of the medicine,
- Procedural effect of the process like Pressure, Rhythmic streaming,
- Local application of heat,
- Treatment timings
The procedural affects blends with the rhythmic streaming, pressure of the medicine and temperature which causes vasodilatation and helps the medicine to penetrate through the follicular pores to the follicles and then to the dermis via the sebaceous glands and enter in to the circulation
Butter milk is the base of the medicine which is having the qualities like cold in potency which helps to give smoothening effects.
The space between the two eye brows is the seat of pituitary and pineal gland (Agnya Chakra) Pituitary gland is one of the main gland of the endocrine system and exhibits its action on other organs.
- Skin diseases
- Visual errors
- Degenerative eye disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Sexual disorders
- Tinnitus hearing loss
- Hair fall
Fever: As the temperature might increase during the therapy
Rhinitis: Severity of disease will increase
- Certain forms of cancer
- Severe sinusitis
- Certain cardiac problem
- Haemorrhagic disorders
- Acute illness
- Extreme fatigue