Udvartana is a specialized Ayurvedic therapy used to treat various ailments like Obesity, Varicosity, cellulitis, Lipoma, hormonal diseases, psychological disorders, etc.
The word Udvartana means Rubbing. Udvartana is a process in which the whole body is rubbed by using herbal fine powders in upward direction (against the hair follicles) by two qualified therapist in a systematic way.
- Kaphaharam- Destroys morbid kapha
- Vataharam- Destroys morbid Vata
- Medasaha pravilaapanam- Liquefies and mobilizes the stagnant morbid meda
- Stheerekaranam Anganaam-Provides stability to body parts
- Twak prasadakaram param- Rejuvenates the skin and brings freshness in it
- Dourgandhya haram-Alleviates foul smell
- Gouravaharam- Alleviates heaviness of the body.
- Tandraharam- Removes drowsiness and bring freshness
- Kandu haram-Removes itching
- Malaharam- Removes dirt and dust
- Arochaka haram-Relieves from tastelessness
- Swedaharam-Removes sweat
- Opens up the blocked channels, blood vessels and transport system of the body and enables free circulation of nutrients and essentials in the body.
- Provides shine and complexion
- Sharira parimarjanam-Cleanses the body.
35 TO 45 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
TREATMENT COURSE DURATION
7 days, 14 days, 21 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
MODE OF ACTION OF UDVARTANA
- The Therapeutic action of the treatment Udwartana is based on
- The pharmacological activities of the medicine used
- Therapeutic action of the procedure
- The Swedana Karma(sudation)which is induced by the therapy
Udvartana therapy is the transmission of energy in the form of motion with pressure.
Skin is the largest organ with we poses and has a large surface area, and it is one of the important excretory organ and the excretory products of metabolism are removed continuously from the body through the skin.
When the procedure starts the deep pressure massage helps the interchange of tissue fluids by increasing the circulation in the superficial vein and lymphatic’s and helps in mechanical stimulation causing muscles to contract.
It increases circulation mainly in the veins, the alternate pressure and relaxation brings fresh blood to the part and improves the nutrition of the particular area.
The medicine which is having the pharmacological activities which are indicated for the particular disorder helps to break down fibrocystic deposit in the neighbourhood, thickening and adhesion in sub-acute and chronic condition.
Increased blood supply because of the vasodilatation stimulates both motor and sensory nerve endings to various parts of the body and increase metabolism by which the toxins and free radicals which are responsible for the formation of the disease are excreted out of the body.
- Certain psychological disorders
- Varicose veins
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Lethargy and laziness
- Metabolic syndrome
Fever: As the temperature might increase during the therapy
- Acute Inflammation
- Infectious diseases
- Certain forms of cancer
- Certain skin conditions
- Certain cardiac problem
- Haemorrhagic disorders
- Acute illness
- Extreme fatigue